1. Don’t sleep during the day and pray all night. By doing this you are converting the day into night and the night into day, which is not the purpose of fasting.
2. Avoid being lazy and inactive during the day.
3. Don’t waste time playing games during the day. Rather, please Allah by increasing in your worship of him.
4. Avoid having Iftar parties. Ramadan wasn’t meant to be a food extravaganza.
5. Don’t ask your wife to spend Ramadan in the Kitchen. Eat something light and quick – she isn’t Biryani woman.
6. Spend the last 10 days worshipping Allah rather than trying to prepare for Eid! A day that is better than a thousand months is in these last 10 days. You can’t afford to miss this.
7. Dont stay awake the full night. Your body has a right over you, and when it wants rest, then rest.
8. Avoid excessive socialising after Taraweeh
9. Avoid shopping a lot in Ramadhaan.
10. Don’t eat the full night.
11. Don’t loiter around at night rather than worshipping Allah.
12. Eid doesn’t require loads of preparation. Don’t fall into this trap! Keep it simple, and it will be blessed.